...a place in the KellyGang story
Katandra was cut off from Tallygaroopna in 1848 and purchased by Charles Ryan.
Other owners of the Katandra run included Hugh Glass 1857, G W Horne and Peter Snodgrass 1856, (Charles Ryan and Peter Snodgrass were related) A Page 1862, EC Dunn 1864.
In 1876 the license was owned by John Murray, 48,180 acres, £221 license fee half year
The license for the Katandra run was cancelled in 1880.
Where did the name Katandra come from
The original aboriginal owners
The first selectors
Alfred Balding, Edward Bowen, Duncan Boyd, Hugh Boyd, Peter Castles, Daniel Doney, Frederick Arthur Ford, Thomas John Ford , Hugh Gillies, William Hall, William Henry Hall, Henry Hewitt, John Ingliss, George Henry Johns, John Johns, Samuel Johns, George Johns, M G Kennedy, Thomas Grey Knuckey, J Langdon, Alexander McDougall, Catherine McDougall, James McDougall, John McDougall, Mary McKinnon, Neil McKinnon, Allan McLean, James Prentice, William Prentice, Richard Ellis Prideaux, Mark Salter,Robert Saunders, (See http://home.vicnet.net.au/~katandra/index.htm)
Near the southern side of the Murray River north west of Wangaratta
Enjoy this wonderful part of our history, but Please respect the privacy of the current owners